Original Queen Anne vintage , art deco, or waterfall dresser, (whatever you want to name it), has seen better days. The top is stained and marked up badly. The yellow trim – yuck! But, it has so much character, I’m nervous about painting it. I want to paint up to its potential. Thanks to Debbie at Westside Furniture for saving it to let me paint it!
Painted by: Just in the Woods
These photo’s don’t do the piece justice. Proper lighting and back drop is crucial for getting the best furniture photo shoot – for now it’s my front porch.
Plain white trim and gray body is terrific on the inspiration piece but this big ol’ 5 drawer dresser looked bland without some embellishing. Lightly glazed with zinc color glaze over silver highlights, spruced this up so the detail pops a little more.
- Clean with Krud Kutter – you should have seen the yellow goo that came off, then oil base primer.
- General Finishes Seagull Gray base coat on body
- White on top and skirt including drawer outline details
- Light highlights using Silver Rub N Buff
- Grunged a little with zinc glaze – a mix of black and silver.
- Of course top coated with General Finishes High Performance Flat – the only top coat I use.
or what happens when I run out of paint