It is the perfect General Finishes neutral go-to color for furniture. It is an excellent choice for antiques to update while highlighting the aged nature of them. (I’m not a fan of bold colors on antiques).
- Sand and stain top Java plus 4 coats Satin topcoat
- Prime and Paint hardware using Seagull
- 2 coats General Finishes Stain Blocker Primer
- Glued 2 IOD paper clay keyhole appliques and 1 decorative applique
- 2 coats Seagull Gray paint
- 1 good coat GF High Performance Flat as a barrier to the stencil layer
- Ivy stencil using basil green and driftwood gray.
- Another good coat GF HP Flat.
It’s a good thing to use a barrier seal before adding stencil or glaze on a piece. It gives a chance to back up and do it over if it’s not right the first time. On this piece, I had added some ivy stencil on the bottom center. Too much on second thought, so I was able to wipe it off without any trouble at all.