White chalk painted jewelry armoire is the definition of Shabby Chic. It’s shabby distressed on the outside and french chic on the inside.
Family has taken a front seat to my painting endeavors this fall and probably for the rest of the year. While in the midst of moving parents to assisted living, my days can spare a hour hear and there. Previously one was finished every week easily. Now, one piece might take more than 10 days. It has taught me to shed the part of this hobby I ruined by treating too much like a business. So I was prepared to accept the lowest monthly sales check ever: $15.44. Didn’t bother me a bit.
All my pieces get more love and attention lately, like this jewelry armoire. The design was developed as I went.
- I am a sturdy modern solid wood armoire that delicately stores family jewels, craft or art supplies. Primed and chalk painted white then pleasantly distressed.
- 6 little drawers perfectly lined in pink felt
- 2 side door openings for hanging necklaces and dangling things with peek-a-boo french shabby chic styled decoupage paper.
- Flip top opens to store more artfully styled with decoupage and vine stencil
- Original hardware painted white then distressed
- Trimmed using tissue decoupage inside and top; light gray/white stripes on sides only; dry brush for a authentic vintage shabby age look.
- All top coated several application of the best water based protective product: General Finishes High Performance Flat also sold in Windy Hill Market.
Price and Location
$145 USD. See it inside Windy Hill Market, 217 N. Jackson Street, Downtown Jackson MI. Open M-Sat 11 am to 6 pm